- A bottomless or unfathomed depth, gulf, or chasm; hence, any deep, immeasurable, and, specifically, hell, or the bottomless pit.
- Ye powers and spirits of this nethermost abyss - John Milton
- The throne is darkness, in the abyss of light - John Dryden
- And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
- Infinite time; a vast intellectual or moral depth.
- The abysses of metaphysical theology - Thomas Macaulay
- In unfathomable abysses of disgrace - Edmund Burke
- (Heraldry): The center of an escutcheon.
5 letters in word "abyss": A B S S Y.
Anagrams of abyss:
Words found within abyss: